This housing was developed and created in co-creation with our client. Based on an initial design concept, the Project+ engineers at HSV transformed the preliminary design into a feasible product and contributed to the realisation of sustainable mould constructions.
In this Project+ solution, injection-moulded components are optimally integrated with particle foam components, significantly simplifying the assembly process and delivering savings in time, costs and the logistics process. HSV is the definitive manufacturing company in Europe that has its own in-house expertise and the production facilities to achieve perfect integration of hard plastic injection-moulded components [HSV Technical Moulded Parts] and particle foams [HSV Moulded Foams Group].
The materials used in the housing of this product – expandable plastic EPP and thermoplastics ABS and PP – offer many advantages. These advantages benefit the designer and the client, but are also convenient for installation technicians and end-users.
- Thanks to the design freedom offered by these plastics and the techniques used in production, the designer has lots of room to create a product featuring a unique design.
- EPP and plastic are lightweight and yet robust. In addition, the injection-moulded Wall Bracket Insert makes it very easy to mount the unit on the wall and/or ceiling. As a result, the product is easy to assemble and install.
Using modern injection-moulding technology, a laser texture is added to the surface of the visible EPP components, enhancing the aesthetic value of the product. An injection-moulded insert is placed in the interior, connecting optimally to the EPP components, just like the other injection-moulded components manufactured by HSV. A logo has been imprinted on the flow cross base (one of the hard plastic injection-moulded components). The cover protects the electronics installed inside this section.
Sustainable mould contruction
The mould constructions are sustainable, achieving a very long use life thanks to durable materials and sophisticated mould technology.
Sustainbale production locations
The housing is manufactured and partly assembled in the HSV production locations, where sustainability is part of all our business practices. These locations run on green steam and green electricity, generated partly by the solar panels installed on the roofs of our facilities.
- Delivered Product Project+® solution, EPP housing combined with injection-moulded flow rings and cover
- Industry Heating, ventilation and cooling (HVAC)
- Material EPP, ABS and PP
- Application Technical structural parts